Call for Proposal: XVIII International Conference of the Italian Association of Applied Linguistics
Language in Context: The Pragmatic Perspective
University of Roma Tre
22-24 February 2018, Rome
The topic of the conference is the relationship between language and context. A pragmatic perspective will be adopted to look at the following areas and phenomena:
1. learning, teaching and use of first languages
2. learning, teaching and use of second languages
3. typical and atypical developments, language impairment
4. research methodology
The conference will host a number of invited keynote speakers, and welcomes proposals for papers, which will undergo a selection process by the Scientific Committee. Three types of proposals are accepted:
1. oral presentation of completed research (20-minute presentation followed by a 10-minute open discussion);
2. poster presentation of completed or ongoing research (5-minute plenary session followed by a more detailed discussion to be held in a designated poster area);
3. oral presentation of work in progress (20-minute presentation followed by a 10-minute open discussion).
To submit a proposal, please send an abstract of 600-1000 words (including reference to cited works) to: email@example.com by 15 July 2017. Please specify the chosen presentation format (one of the three illustrated above) and the name and affiliation of presenter(s). The proposals will be sent to the Scientific Committee for a blind review selection process based on the following criteria: (1) adequacy to the chosen format, (2) relevance to the conference theme, (3) clear grounding in existing literature, (4) methodological adequacy, and (5) originality of actual or expected results. If two or more proposals have the same score, priority might be given to proposals for poster presentations for organisational reasons.
Notification of acceptance will be provided by 30 September 2017.
The conference languages are Italian, English and French.
Authors who are interested in publishing their paper presented at the conference in the Association’s volume “Studi AItLA” are asked to send a full manuscript, written in Italian, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2018. The manuscripts will undergo a revision process by the volume’s editors.
For further information please visit the Conference website:
E. Bonvino, E. Nuzzo, A. Valentini, I. Vedder
E. Bonvino, E. Nuzzo, D. Cortés Velásquez, S. Faone, E. Fiorenza, F. La Russa, F. Pagliara